Larry Mason, MD, is a native of Booneville, Kentucky who graduated from Owsley County High School. He attended Eastern Kentucky University at Richmond, Kentucky receiving his undergraduate education and Bachelor of Science Degree. His subsequent medical education followed with the attainment of his Medical Degree from the University of Kentucky in 1973. Residency training was then continued at Chatham Memorial Hospital in Savannah, Georgia where Dr. Mason did a medical rotation through medicine, pediatrics, surgery, and obstetrics. Following the completion of his postgraduate education at Chatham Memorial Hospital, Dr. Mason located in Albany, Kentucky in 1974, and practiced in Southern Kentucky until 1982 when he moved to Byrdstown, Tennessee and has been the staff physician at the Byrdstown Medical Center since 1982 until the present. Dr. Mason is a member of the TMA, Overton County Medical Society and serves on many community related activities. Dr. Mason is married to Gina and is the proud father of 3 children, Luke 17 1/2 years old, Lance 16, and Lindy 14 1/2.
Dr. Mason is actively involved in the community he serves.
At present he devotes his time and energy to the following activities :
Chairman of Board at Livingston Regional Hospital
Chairman of the Board of Trustees for Livingston Regional Hospital
•Medical Director for Pickett County Nursing Home
• Director of Pickett County Ambulance Service
• Medical Examiner for Pickett County
Coroner for Pickett County
•Sponsor of a Little League Team in Byrdstown and the Byrdstown Medical Center Babe Ruth team
• Assistant with the Overton County Babe Ruth All-stars
• Golf Coach for the boys and girls at Pickett County High School and Pickett County Junior High School, a program which Dr. Mason implemented.
• Acquisition of industries for the area. Dr. Mason was instrumental in bringing the Hutchinson Plant to Byrdstown. He traveled to Paris, France to work on this project. He also constructed the two buildings that Hutchinson FTS occupies in Pickett County.
• Church activities
• Family activities with his wife, Gina and their three children, Luke, Lance and Lindy.
• Dr. Mason enthusiastically supports the community of Byrdstown, Pickett County and the Upper Cumberland’s.